Thursday, January 3, 2013

Buttons, Buttons, Who's Got the Buttons?

(Today's word will be in red and bold.)


 I realize that some may think the title of this post is an error; that it should be "Button" and not "Buttons".  In this case however, "Buttons" is the correct word.

Then there's the answer to the question posed in the title of this post:  Me!  Yep, after four months without a pet, a new little semi-fluff ball has come into my life.
The photo here isn't the best, however, for now it will have to do, as it's hard to get Buttons to sit still when a camera is aimed at him. I'll also have to get a pic of him when we can take his cone off.  Right now he needs it to keep from tearing his stitches from being neutered and micro-chipped.

Buttons' history is a bit of a mystery, as he was a stray at the SW Washington Humane Society.  We know he's four months old, and part poodle; beyond that there are no answers.

At the humane society Buttons was known as "Coco".  I wasn't crazy about the name, so that's how he became Buttons, because of his little button nose.

He can be a timid pup, though once he gets used to something, he's fine; and he's a quick learner.  He's only been with me since Sunday, and already he let's me know when he wants down, or outside.

He's a stubborn little guy though too, and we're working on that.  Oh, and already he's very protective.  My son hadn't been with me when I got Buttons.  When he finally got to meet Josh, Buttons growled and barked at him.  It wasn't until I said it was okay, and showed him Josh was family that he stopped.  They're buddies now.

Since it's been less than a week, that's really all I can say about Buttons for now.  I'm sure there will be plenty of stories in the future though.
(Buttons does have eyes, you just can't tell in this pic!)


1 comment:

  1. Congratulations and best luck to you and Buttons.

    I love the name.

    He is "cute as a button!"

    ReplyDelete