Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Buttons' Big Adventure

 

It's been awhile since my mommy, Nola, has written anything on her blog; so I decided *I'm* going to write something for her.  Since it is my post though, I've taken the liberty of changing the title of her blog to one that suits me better.

As the title of my post states, I had a big adventure the other day.  Usually my mommy goes to work and leaves me home. Yesterday though, she took time off, but still went to work; and took me with her!

We got up really early and got ready, then mommy put me in the car and we left.  Down hills, and on straight roads mommy drove while I rode in the seat next to her.  We were going along quite nicely, when all of a sudden mommy had to stop.  Lots and lots of other cars were stopped too.  Mommy said there was something called a "wreck" and we were stuck for awhile.  I knew then I should have went potty before we left, like mommy said.  I was a good boy though, and didn't have any accidents.

Once we got past the traffic, mommy drove the rest of the way to a place she said was called "Gateway".  I don't know what that is, I just know we got out of mommy's car, then got on something even bigger that also moved; mommy said it was a train.  I got to sit next to the window and watch out the window.  It was definitely faster than sitting like we had earlier.

We rode on the train until mommy said it was time to get off.  That's when I finally got a chance to really stretch my legs and walk.  It was kind of scary though, because it was dark, and there was lots of noise and things.  I was brave though, for mommy; I didn't want her to be afraid, so I pretended I wasn't.

During our walk, we met lots of nice people, including a man who had a really cool squeaky toy.  He talked to me and told me I was cute.  I heard that a lot throughout the rest of the day; not that I didn't already know I was, of course.  It was nice hearing it from other than family though.

When we got to mommy's work, she picked me up again and carried me; I guess it's frowned on to let puppies walk around in the building; oh well.

We visited a nice man named Earl, and made him happy because we stopped by.  Then we went to mommy's department and waited for the rest of her team to show up.  I got to meet everyone, and though I was a bit shy, really I was having a lot of fun. Who wouldn't love getting lots of attention from everyone they meet?!  One of mommy's co-workers even shared his water with me, because I was thirsty; that was so nice of him.

After a little bit, mommy took me outside, but I was too excited to take care of business; there was just so much to see and do, I didn't want to miss any of it!  We met a lot more friendly people while we were outside; I think mommy must have told them my name, because they all seemed to know it.

We went back to mommy's department, met some more people, then took a walk to another building downtown.  That was a little scary, because there were so many more cars than earlier, and lots more people.  Again though, I was brave, for mommy.  I pretended to play, so mommy wouldn't know I was afraid.

In the new building, we met mommy's friend, Patty.  Again, I was shy around her, but I didn't bark or growl at her, and eventually I did let her pet me.

When we left, mommy and I went back to where we'd gotten off the train earlier, to catch one back to mommy's car.  On our way, we saw the same man that had the squeaky toy, and he remembered me!  He even called me by name; it made me happy and I wagged my tail at him.

On the train, instead of setting on my own seat, mommy let me sit in her lap.  I tried to stay awake and look out the window, but a couple of times I did doze off; but not for too long.

When we got back to mommy's car, she said we were going home, but first she had to get gas for the car, and food for me.  I really didn't care what gasoline was, but I definitely wanted to be sure mommy got my food!

Mommy got my food at this store that lets you bring puppies in, and mommy doesn't have to carry me; I love that store!  Mommy got my food, and on the way out, she said I'd been such a good boy that I could get a new toy; YAY, I love toys!

This is the toy mommy bought me; his name is Moo Cow.  I love Moo Cow, because he squeaks a lot.  He's my new favorite toy and he's all mine!

When we got home, I wanted to play some more, so mommy played with me, and then mommy's "Josh", (that's what mommy calls him), came home and he played with me too.  Lots and lots of play for me yesterday!

Then all of a sudden, I woke up.  I don't remember going to sleep, but when mommy noticed I was awake, she called me "Sleepyhead", and asked if I'd enjoyed my long nap; as a matter of fact, I did!

I got to play with Moo Cow some more; then I took another nap, this time in mommy's lap.  I was such a sleepy puppy, but oh what fun I had on my adventure that day!

No comments:

Post a Comment