Monday, August 25, 2014

Mmmmm....Do You Need To Be Alone?

Attention:  This post may not be suitable for younger readers.



There are very few people anywhere in the world that haven't heard of Voodoo Doughnut and it's crazy doughnut concoctions.

While the Bacon Maple Bar Doughnut is the business' best known item, the doughnut that has me writing this post is the No Name Doughnut.

One Sunday, after attending another event, one of my friends asked if we should go to Voodoo Doughnut.  Since the other friend has never been there, we went.

The friend who made the suggestion was eagerly awaiting her turn so she could purchase her No Name doughnut.  After about a half hour wait, (fairly short for a Sunday), my friends and I bought the doughnuts we'd chosen.

Back in our friend's car, two of us decided, since we were going to lunch, we weren't eating our doughnuts immediately.  Our No Name doughnut friend, (and driver of the vehicle we were in), said she was having hers right then and there.

She'd been waiting for that raised doughnut, with chocolate frosting, covered in Rice Krispies and peanut butter drizzle.

We took off and she was eating her No Name doughnut while driving to our next destination.

As she's driving, and eating, this friend was making "Mmmmmmmmmm, mmmmmmm, mmmmmmm" sounds, because the doughnut was so good.  She did it several times and at one point I asked if she needed to pull over and let the other two of us out, so she could be alone with her doughnut!  We all had a good laugh about it, as she went back to eating and "mmmm"ing. 

We began joking how this friend went for doughnuts that were anonymous, (no name), and other silly things.  I also said she could start a side business, like "phone eating".   It would be like those calls advertised on late night TV; the ones that cost $3.00 a minute. People on diets, who start craving sweets, could call our friend, and she could be on the other end of the line, with her No Name doughnut, her noises...you get the idea.

I told both friends, that all this silliness was giving me ideas about a blog post I could write, and that the more we talked, the more the idea was growing in my head, and I was just going to have to write it.

The three of us managed to make it to our next stop, Red Robin, for lunch, without anymore "mmmm"ing. , As it turned out however, my other friend was about to be added to the blog post for her own "mmmmm" moment.

Red Robin has some of the best honey mustard anywhere, bar none.  

This other friend absolutely loves this mustard, and always asks for extra when she's at Red Robin.  

On this day, she got her food, and started dipping her fries in the honey mustard.  Next thing you know, she's doing the same "mmmmmm, mmmmmm, mmmmm", as the other friend did with her doughnut!  Not as loudly though, since we were in a restaurant, and not the seclusion of a vehicle.

I jokingly said to my friend, "maybe you should take your honey mustard somewhere a bit more private, where the two of you can be alone".  We all had another good laugh; and then I let her know she was officially being added to my blog post about the other friend's doughnut.  

This post is a result of what I told my two friends I was going to do.  It may not seem as interesting just reading it, (you probably had to be there to totally get what was going on), but it was one of those things that got stuck in my head, and needed to be let out.

My only regret about this whole thing is, our other friend that we'd met up with originally hadn't come along with us afterward, so she missed out on the rest of the fun that day.






No comments:

Post a Comment