Tuesday, November 8, 2011

7 Months & 100 Posts Ago

(Today's word will be in ALL CAPS, BOLD, ITALIC, and STRIKETHROUGH.)

April 13, 2011 was the first time I'd ever written a blog post. Now, almost seven months later, I'm writing my one hundredth post.

What should this post be about though? A hundred is a bit of a milestone, so it should be something special.

Previous posts have run the gamut of subjects, from the review of The Dirt Drifters,
to silly posts, like washing spiders down drains.
I thought, and thought, but couldn't think of anything special enough to be post one hundred. Then it happened! Something really special I could blog about!

For those who read this blog more than occasionally, you probably know that I entered a post in the MusiCares® Music Blogger contest. My entry was titled "The Magic of Music".

The contest ran from September 9, 2011, to October 31, 2011, and was open to any blogger in the U.S., 21 years or older. Six finalists were chosen from all entries, and I'm one of the six!

From now, until November 30, 2011, finalists have to get as many votes as they can, with the one having the most declared the winner.

The prize is being the only credentialed person for MusiCares® on the red carpet, attending the "Grammy Honors Paul McCartney" event in February 2012, and blogging about the whole thing. To say the least, I'm a teensy bit excited about all of this!
Okay, I'm more than just a little excited; I'm so excited that all I can say, without lifting off the ground is, EEK!

With that said, I would like to kindly ask anyone reading this post to please go to the following link and vote for my post. I'm listed #3 of the six finalists. You will have to "like" the page before you can vote. Also, please pass this link along to your friends and ask them to vote!

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#!/MusiCares?sk=app_121121694568521

Thank you in advance for your vote, and also for reading my blog; I definitely appreciate it!

No comments:

Post a Comment