Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Getting to Know Him

Once again a new song on KUPL's overnights has caught my attention.  The cool thing about this song is, until the artist started his country career, I'd never heard of him.  Now, I can hear a song and at least have a guess as to who it is. I'm talking about Stain'd lead singer, Aaron Lewis.

Lewis' first single, "Country Boy", was one of the most country sounding songs I'd heard in awhile.  His second, "Endless Summer", had me stumped as to who was singing, it sounded so different from Lewis' first hit.  Unfortunately, "Endless Summer" never made it outside the overnight shift on radio.

Now, Lewis has a third single on country radio, "Forever".  As I said, I'd heard it the first time on KUPL's overnights, and kind of thought I knew who sang it.  Lewis really has a versatile voice, and "Forever" combines the rough sound of "Country Boy" and the smooth flowing feel of "Endless Summer" beautifully.
I'm really hoping that "Forever" takes off for Aaron Lewis, like his first single; his voice and music are definitely worthy of being played on country airwaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment