Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Life is Suite

(Today's word will be in red and bold.)


The Rose Garden Arena in Portland, Oregon, is host to many events throughout the year.  Concerts; ice shows; hockey games, and much more.  It's also the home court of the NBA Portland Trailblazers.

I like basketball, for the most part, though I rarely watch it.  Most of the time I watch if Portland is in the playoffs, or if I have a chance to go to a game.  That was the case the evening of Friday, November 16, 2012.  A friend and co-worker had an extra ticket for the game in our company's suite, so he asked if I wanted to go.

It had been awhile since I'd been to a game; the proof being that I no longer knew any of the players' names, except LaMarcus Aldridge. There was no more Rudy Fernandez, Joe Prizbilla, or any other names I recognized.

No worries, I figured I didn't really *have* to know the players' names to enjoy the game; and I didn't, though I do know one or two more names now.
(The view from one of the suites in the Rose Garden Arena.)
Before the game started, I asked my friend if he thought the Blazers had a chance of making it to the playoffs this year; he said no, they're too young of a team.  Once the game got started, I had to agree with him.  Our team was having a hard time making shots and scoring points.  When they did, the other team, (the Houston Rockets), would score almost immediately after that.  I was thinking it was going to be a bit of a letdown of a game.

By the second half though, things had picked up, the Rockets were still doing better at making their shots, but the Blazers were at least making more of theirs.  At one point in the first half our team was down by more than ten points.  In the second half, not only did we make up the deficit, a few times we actually were ahead of the other team.  When it came right down to the wire, the game actually went in to overtime.  Long story short, the Blazers came out the winners!  YAY!

So, not only did the Trailblazers win, I got to watch the game from a great spot, and the team scored over 100 points during the game; which in Portland means coupons for a free Taco Bell chalupa for everyone at the game.  Life was definitely sweet in the suite that night!

No comments:

Post a Comment