Thursday, November 8, 2012

Here We Go Again

(Today's word will be in red and bold.)


It's hard to believe that only two and a half weeks ago, my friend, Patty, and I were seeing New York City for the very first time.

We had such a good time, and the weather was so nice; perfect in fact, with temps in the mid 60's.  That was the week of October 22, 2012.

The following week was completely the opposite of the previous one.  Sunny skies and warm temperatures turned into gray skies, rain, and wind, lots of wind, thanks to Hurricane Sandy.  Millions were left with no water, or electricity; places were flooded, or destroyed by Mother Nature's wrath.  Even now tens of thousands are still without basic necessities; with no quick relief in sight.

When it seems like it couldn't get any worse, what happens?  NYC and other east coast areas are set to be blasted with a nor'easter.
As I'm writing this post, photos are showing up on the internet of various places the snow has begun to fall.  The photo above was taken at Staten Island.  People are still in the middle of trying to clean up from Hurricane Sandy, and now they're getting snow.

It makes me sad, and my heart goes out to everyone that's been affected by these storms.  For those of us fortunate enough not to have had to go through what the east coast is experiencing, I ask that everyone keep these people in your thoughts and prayers; I know I will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment