Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Five of My Ten Favorite Current Country Songs

(Today's word will be in red and bold.)


I've come to the conclusion that I'm one of those music lovers who falls between the cracks.  I like listening to the radio, so I'm not unaware of what current songs are hits.  On the other hand, a lot of my favorite songs tend to be ones that haven't really made it on the charts yet, and sometimes never make it far.

When I really thought about it, my ten current favorite country songs fall into this same pattern.  It has me interested to see how they're going to play out over the next few weeks and months.  Rather than rank them from one to ten however, I've decided to list my current favorites in alphabetical order, starting with Aaron Lewis.

With his second single, "Endless Summer", Lewis seems to have this year's perfect summer anthem for listeners.  So far though, I've really only heard the song in the wee hours of the morning.  I'm hoping it takes off though, because it really is a cool song.

To be honest, I'm not always a fan of Carrie Underwood.  It's not that I don't like her songs; I just get tired of the repetition of them on the radio.  So far I've only heard Underwood's latest single, (the title track to her latest CD), "Blown Away", a couple times, again in the late night/early morning hours.  So far it's a favorite with me; only time will tell if I grow tired of it or not.

Chris Young's current single, "Neon", has been getting more airplay than the previous two listings; however, it still hasn't been played so much that I'm tired of it yet.  Not sure if Chris will score a #1 with the song though. Doesn't matter to me though, it's still one of my favorite new singles.

Continuing the list alphabetically, the next artist up is Craig Morgan.  Morgan's follow up to "This Ole Boy", is the quirky "Corn Star".  It's the type of song that catches one's attention, because of the tongue in cheek lyrics and play on words.  "Corn Star" is the type of song that makes me smile, because I love puns and the like.  However, as with Carrie Underwood's song, time will tell if I grow weary of this tune or not.

Rounding out the first five of my current favorite country songs is, "The Sound of a Million Dreams", by David Nail.

I'm not really a fan of Nail's; his songs are okay, I've just overheard them for the most part.  "The Sound of a Million Dreams", strikes a chord with me though.  As I wrote in an earlier post, though the song sounds nothing like Billy Joel's "Piano Man", that's the tune I think of when I hear this single.  It's one I really hope to hear more of on the radio.  It would be a shame for it to not be a hit, in my opinion.

I'll end this post for now, and write about my other five favorite songs in my post for Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment