Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Why, Why, Why

(Today's word will be in red and bold.)



Those who know me know I have a natural curiosity about almost everything. No matter what it is, if it captures my attention, I want to know more.

Most of the time this means going on the internet, and searching for what I'm looking for; even if it's for no other reason than settling my curiosity.  This usually results in searching for something that leads to something else, then something else again; until I've strayed from the original thing I was looking for, yet still connecting everything in the long run anyway.  The way I've always described it is, it's like pulling a loose string on a sweater.  You start pulling it, and the sweater starts to unravel; the more you pull, the more it's pulling apart. After awhile it becomes more than curiosity; it's also,"how far can I go before I hit a dead end?"
For the most part I can usually find the information I'm looking for on the internet.  For other things though, I either don't have good luck, or it's something that I wouldn't be able to find on the internet.  Sometimes it's something that needs to be asked of a person specifically.  Depending on the subject, I have several people I turn to to satisfy my curiosity; including Earthquake Jake.
To be honest, I think the bulk of my questions go to Jake; sometimes on a daily basis, and more than one at a time.  I'd list here the types of things I ask, but the list would be way too long, so I won't.  Suffice it to say, I think there are times I'm probably worse than a kid asking questions; and I think Jake would agree.

Like I told him though, in a way I'm just getting him prepared for when Declan gets to that age where everything is, "why"?  If Jake can deal with all my questions, I'm sure by the time his son starts asking questions, he'll be well prepared.  Heck, at this point it's a possibility Jake will be over qualified! What can I say; I'm always happy to help, even if it means asking millions of questions!

No comments:

Post a Comment