Tuesday, February 21, 2012

The Reality Of Reality TV

(Today's word will be in ALL CAPS, BOLD, ITALIC, and STRIKETHROUGH.)

In one of my earliest posts, I wrote that I don't watch television much. I also noted that I especially try not to watch the "reality" shows that are on all the networks.

Since the long President's Day weekend though, I've realized that, while I don't watch a lot of TV, I do watch a lot of reality shows. Well, at least as real as any reality show can be, I suppose.

It's not the run-of-the mill reality shows like "Survivor", "The Amazing Race", "Celebrity Apprentice" or any of those; (though I have watched some of them in the past).

The reality shows I tend to watch are usually on A&E, I.D., TRU, BIO, and the like. In reality, (excuse the pun), I've come to realize I watch these particular programs more than I thought; a lot more.

I don't actually watch them ALL the time; instead, I tend to go through phases. I'll watch the true crime shows for awhile, or the shows about crazy things people do, those types of programs. Then I'll stop watching them for awhile. The shows about ghost stories are the ones I tend to watch on a somewhat regular basis.

I fully admit, the shows I watch probably aren't anymore realistic than the other so called reality shows. I guess I tend to watch them more, because they seem to be more entertaining. Not something to necessarily be proud of, I know, but it's the reality, (every pun intended), of my situation that I've become aware of.

I guess there are worse things in life that I could call a bad habit.

No comments:

Post a Comment