Thursday, August 9, 2012

Breaking News

(Today's word will be in red and bold.)


The other day I was discussing with someone about the difficulty sometimes of coming up with topics for posts.  The person suggested a post about the triple digit temps we had last weekend.  I said no, I wasn't going to, because I've written quite a few posts already about the weather.

His response was that I wouldn't be writing about the weather, it would be about the record breaking temperature; he had a point.  It's kind of like Michael Phelps winning Olympic medals, (okay, not exactly, but follow along please).

Phelps broke a record Tuesday, July 31, 2012, when he won his nineteenth Olympic medal.

The Portland metro area broke records Saturday, August 4, 2012 as several areas hit temps over 100 degrees.  Coincidence with these two events?  Most probably not; however both did help me with writing this post.

Of course, the person I was talking with is who really deserves the thanks.  Therefore, thank you Stuart, for your blog post suggestion!  I do apologize if I've spelled your name incorrectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment