Friday, August 3, 2012

Wow! What a Surprise!

 As some of you may know, in April I won KUPL's contest to see, and meet, Taylor Swift in Ottawa, Canada.  The show was to be Saturday, August 11, 2012; which means I and a guest would be leaving from PDX this coming Friday.

Unfortunately, I received word last month from Taylor's record label that Taylor wasn't going to be performing in Ottawa after all.  A very nice person from Big Machine Label Group, (BMLG), Christine Drexel, had called to tell me the news.  At the time she explained that the company is working on getting us to another Taylor Swift show.  Christine said if I had any questions in the future to give her a call.
I'd been looking around to see what other tour dates Taylor has for this year, and found only one; the iHeartRadio Music Festival September 22, 2012, in Las Vegas.  It's going to be a cool show that day, (the second of the two day festival), with Taylor, Aerosmith and Bon Jovi.

Since there were no other dates listed, I wondered if that's where I'd be sent.  Since I was curious, and hadn't heard, I called Christine this past Tuesday, just to see.

As she explained, the iHeartRadio Music Festival was already sold out, and BMLG was unable to get tickets for the show, so no trip to Vegas.  Christine assured me though that, even though no dates are listed at the moment, BMLG is working on getting something set up before the end of the year; as soon as she knows anything, she'll give me a call.  I said, "okay, no problem, I was just curious"; thanked her for her time, and that I looked forward to the coming months, to see where the adventure would be taking me; end of call.

I get home Thursday, and there's a package waiting for me.  I had no idea what it was, or why it was there, I hadn't bought anything online, and wasn't expecting any packages.  That's when I noticed the return label, BMLG in Nashville, Tennessee.  Even then, I couldn't imagine why I was getting a package from them.

I opened it and wow, what a surprise!  Inside was a note from Christine, thanking me for my patience while they work the details out about the Taylor Swift trip.  The note further said, while I was waiting, to enjoy some music from BMLG artists.  There were two CD's, Eden's Edge, ("Amen"), and the deluxe, Target exclusive, Taylor Swift CD, "Speak Now"; VERY cool!

That's not all though, there was also a box, along with the CD's.  It was a bottle of Taylor's Wonderstruck perfume!
Double wow!  The CD's alone were cool, but the perfume also?  Christine didn't have to do any of this; yet, she took the time anyway; what awesome customer service!

For the record, even if I hadn't received this wonderful package, it should be noted that Christine is an excellent representative of BMLG.  If everyone was as friendly and enthusiastic about their job as she is, the world would be one step closer to being a happier place.  Thank you Christine for being one of the nice people in this world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment