Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Little Towns Aren't Always What They Seem

(Today's word will be in red and bold.)



There have been plenty of songs written about littlel towns; not just in country music, but other genres as well.

The majority of these songs tell of quiet living, fresh air, freedom, close-knit communities and the like.  Even songs that aren't so idealistic about little towns still stress how nice they are to live in over other places.  Recently however, I heard a song on KUPL's overnights that took me by surprise.

Nothing about this song is all sunshine and roses.  Instead, it's about all the secrets a little town can hide from everyone, even those living there.  Yet, the song isn't morbid, or depressing really; it's just more realistic about what may or may not go on in a little town.

The song I'm speaking about is called "Sleepy Little Town", the third single from country newcomer, JT Hodges.  According to reports, JT's fans chose the song as his latest single.

"Sleepy Little Town" is one of those songs that grabbed my attention the first time I heard it, and had me looking up more information about the song.

Unfortunately for me, JT is one of the Bing Lounge shows I was unable to attend.  He did the song at that time, so I've included the video from that evening here.
I really think this song could catch on with country radio listeners.  If you like what you hear, be sure to request  it on KUPL.

No comments:

Post a Comment