Thursday, October 4, 2012

No Crisis Here

(Today's word will be in red and bold.)



Why is it when you're young and like something, it's cute; but when you're an adult and like the same thing, you're having a mid-life crisis?

I could understand it if it was something someone just suddenly decided on.  Something they may never have considered, and now that they're older, they want it, to remind them of their younger days.  When it's something someone has always liked though, it just doesn't seem like it should be classified as any kind of crisis.

For instance, I've always liked bright, neon colors, especially combined with black.  If I could only pick one favorite color, it would be hot neon pink; though I like all the neon colors.

Granted, some things should never be certain colors, like bubble gum pink vehicles.  As much as I like pink, cars are not one of the things I think should be that color; well at least not that color of pink.  There's a new Chevy vehicle out this year, that comes in "Techno Pink";  it's the Chevy Spark, and I actually like this color, and the car.
Currently we're painting our house, and the colors I chose were "Sea of Atlantis", with "Immortality" for the trim.
To be honest, the color samples online, and in the store are actually darker than the actual colors of the paint.  Though I usually wouldn't pick really bright colors for a house, these colors really aren't overpowering.  Once the painting is done, maybe I'll post a photo of our house for readers to see.

Then there's what led to me writing this post.  I've been looking for a new pair of shoes for the fall and winter.  I want something sturdy,  and comfortable that look nice, to me anyway.  I'm kind of picky about shoes.

Usually I get a pair of hiking shoes, in brown or black; something that will go with anything I wear; and they usually last me quite awhile.  The past couple of years however, I've had issues with the shoes I've bought; they just don't hold up like pairs I've had in the past.

While looking for a new pair of shoes online, I ran across a few pairs of sneakers, (or whatever they're called now), that I kind of liked; though I decided they weren't sturdy enough for the colder weather.  It got me to thinking though, if I could find a good, comfortable fitting tennis shoe that would hold up.  As I said, I'm picky about my shoes; they have to scream at me for me to want them.  If I see something I like, but it's just ho-hum, I keep looking.

Found a pair online that absolutely screamed my name; and started researching where I could buy them; I don't buy shoes online, I want to try them on first.

Located a store in my area that carried the shoes I'd seen and had my size.  Went, tried them on, LOVE THEM!!! They're comfortable, sturdy, and totally me! The shoes though are the reason my son and his friends think I'm going through a mid-life crisis.  As I said though, it can't be considered a mid-life crisis if it's something a person has always liked; which is the case with these shoes.

Seriously, what's not to love about these shoes?!  They're black, with all my favorite neon colors!  And if they weren't meant for adults to wear them, then why would they make them in adult sizes?

I really think, with all the pretty rainbow colors, these shoes will help brighten up the dreary winter days ahead.  Besides, as I told my son, it could be worse...for him.  The only thing these shoes are missing are the lights they put in shoes, so they light up when you walk.  Not that I didn't try to find a pair of those!

No comments:

Post a Comment