Tuesday, October 4, 2011

To Every Season

(Today's word will be in ALL CAPS, BOLD, ITALIC, and STRIKETHROUGH.)

I'll be the first to admit, I'm not a fan of cold weather. I'd be happy with summer 365 days a year; with just enough rain to keep things from drying out.

However, this year the Pacific Northwest didn't really have much of a real summer, and to be honest, I feel a bit cheated. I wait through three other seasons just to get those three months of really warm weather, then it all but doesn't happen.

So, now it's fall, and soon all the trees will be losing their leaves after turning beautiful colors. I do like the colors changing, no problem with that. It's the COLD I don't like. I realize that the leaves won't change color without the changing of the weather. I just wish there was some way to have both the pretty leaves of fall, and still stay warm.

And while we're on the subject, if you think I don't like the cold in fall, you can imagine what I think of winter! Brrrrrr!!!! I honestly don't mind snow, unless I have to be out in it; then forget it. If it's going to snow this coming winter, I want it to be on a weekend, when I'm not going somewhere. Not usually how it happens, but one can always hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment