Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Toby Keith--"Red Solo Cup"

The first time I heard of Toby Keith's "Red Solo Cup", was when I saw a short article about the video having several big names making cameo appearances. I wanted to see how many people I could name, so I watched the video.

Sure enough, there are cameos by comedians, athletes, singers, and all types of entertainment. Though I didn't recognize everyone, the ones I did included Carrot Top, Jeff Dunham, the Warren Brothers, J.T. Hodges, Joe Nichols and Larry Bird.

The video is fun to watch because it's completely silly. I've posted the unedited version here, so I do suggest not having children around while you watch it.


As for the song itself, "Red Solo Cup" reminds me of the songs Toby had awhile back on an album. Those songs were his "bus" songs, (or something like that), that he and the band wrote/played while traveling on their tour bus.

"Red Solo Cup" could easily be seen as a "throw away" song, in the sense that it seems written just because it could be. That doesn't mean it's a bad song however. On the contrary, I really like the song a lot; the video just adds to the wackiness of the tune, especially the end of the video. I don't want to spoil it for anyone though; you'll just have to watch and listen to the video for yourself.

So raise up your CUPS and make a toast to what's sure to be another big hit for Toby Keith.

6 comments:

  1. Craig Ferguson, Ted Nugent & Sammy Hagar also make cameos in this vid! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHO IS THE DUDE IN THE BATHTUB... .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joe Nichols is the guy in the tub. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What's written on his face at the end of the video?

    ReplyDelete