Thursday, January 12, 2012

Baby It's Cold Outside

(Today's word will be in ALL CAPS, BOLD, ITALIC, and STRIKETHROUGH.

We all know winter is supposed to be cold. Even the mildest winters are still cold, in relation to the other three seasons of the year. You would think living my entire life in the Pacific Northwest, I'd be used to the cold weather; not so much.

True, even the coldest winters here are nothing compared to the east coast, Alaska, or other places. For instance, this photo was taken by my cousin in Alaska, January 10, 2012. He described it as "blizzard like conditions". The photo was taken from the porch of his house:
(Photo courtesy of Troy Hvass)

BRR!!! No thank you to that!

We're actually barely into winter and I've already come to a conclusion about it. Besides not liking the cold, I'd actually rather deal with that, and rain, than wind.

The next few days we're supposed to have a lot of wind; not good. It's bad enough when it's 30 some degrees out and raining; add wind to that and the wind chill factor just makes it worse.

Of course, this is just my opinion on the whole subject of cold weather. I know there are those who love this time of year, and I'm happy for them. I'll just be even more happy when summer finally gets here!

No comments:

Post a Comment