Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Okay, It's Pretty!

(Today's word will be in ALL CAPS, BOLD, ITALIC, and STRIKETHROUGH.


Well, it's officially winter in the Pacific Northwest. West to east, from the coast to the Cascades; and north to south, from Longview, Washington to Salem, Oregon, almost everyone saw some snow on Monday, January 16, 2012.

A lot of the snow below 1000' didn't last, even though there were snow showers all day.

For those of us above 1000' feet, it was a different story. I wasn't able to make it out of my driveway, and ended up taking a vacation day from work. I took photos from my front window and back door of the snow and sent them to my co-workers. This was around 8:00 AM, (West Coast time).


Later in the afternoon, around 3:00 PM, I shot the following video, and sent it to my co-workers as well.


As I've always said, compared to other places, the snow we get isn't a big deal. For us living here though, it can be. Monday's snow wasn't the last either. There's a winter storm watch in effect through Wednesday. Depending on what the weather does, we could get more snow then. Today, above 1000' is supposed to get 1 to 3 more inches of snow.

Not too thrilled at that prospect, because of work, (had to take another vacation day today), but I will admit, it *is* PRETTY!

No comments:

Post a Comment