Sunday, January 15, 2012

How Do You Mend A Broken Heart?

Anyone who's ever loved someone has experienced it. Doesn't matter if it's family, friends, or someone you love and want to spend the rest of your life with; sooner or later we all fall victim to a broken heart.

A lot of times the hurt is unintentional; other times people know it's going to happen. Either way, it still hurts. Unfortunately, it seems the longer a relationship has been, the longer it takes for the heart to mend; sometimes it never does.

When you're not the person going through this, it's easy to sit back and give advice. Often times the advice is really just someone telling the person who's hurting what to expect, and reassuring them that how they feel is normal. That's the case with a friend of mine.

This person was hit out of the blue that their spouse wanted a divorce, not too long before Thanksgiving. Needless to say, there was hurt, frustration, confusion and anger going on inside my friend. I found out when my friend emailed me, letting me know what had happened, and telling what they were going through at the moment.

I knew exactly how this person felt, having been there myself eighteen years ago. Though I was the one who called off my marriage, I still had the same feelings my friend was describing.

Through emails I listened to my friend, going through all the emotions again, and trying to let them know they'd be okay. My friend has a child from the marriage also, which makes it even harder; though from what I've been told, the child is taking it well, for the most part.

Back to my friend. When I first heard of all the emotions this person was going through, I let them know it's normal. There are five stages of grief, and no matter what kind of grief it is, we all go through the stages. Sometimes we go backwards for a time, but eventually we all get through them. I did let my friend know this, and that everyone has their own timeline of when they get through the stages; not to stress about it. Just take one day at a time, get through that one, and see what's next.

As I said in the beginning of this post, it's easy to sit back and give advice, when you're not the one in the middle. I explained to my friend though, I really wasn't trying to give advice, as much as I was trying to reassure them that what they're going through is normal. I also know my friend would tell me to butt out if I was getting too involved with the advice. My friend knows I mean well.

Over all, my friend still has a long way to go; though whether they see it or not, I've already seen improvement in them. There have been a few steps backwards, as I said though, it's normal. Over all, no matter how much it hurts right now, I know my friend is a strong person, and will get through this in time. And I know that as long as my friend needs someone to listen, I'll be there for them.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dr.Kwale spell brought my ex back to my arms within the period of 48 hours and the joy in my heart right now makes me want to tell the whole world about the great love spell caster Dr.Kwale. here is his direct contact you can reach him on Whats App +2348056141089 and his email is kwaletemple@gmail.com get in contact with him and he will reunite your broken relationship just like mine, thanks....

    ReplyDelete
  3. HELLO EVERYONE.. FEW MUNINETS TO REDY THIS INFOR ON HERPES CURE 2018..
    2017 MY MOTHER WAS DIAGNOSED OF HERPES/ KNOWN AS GENITAL WARTS ,I SPENT A LOT OF MONEY ON HER MEDICATION TILL A POINT I EVEN LOST HOPE,BECAUSE MY MOTHER WAS GRADUALLY DYING AND LOST HER MEMORY TOO, I WAS SO DESPERATE TO GET MY MOTHER BACK TO NORMAL, ONE DAY MY UNCLE WHO LIVES IN LONDON UNITED KINGDOM TOLD ME ABOUT DR OLIHA ,WHO HELPED HIM GET RID OF HERPES /GENITAL WART WITH HERBAL MEDICINE AND HIS HERBAL SOAP ,I WAS SO SHOCKED WHEN HE TOLD ME ABOUT THIS ,ALTHOUGH I NEVER BELIEVE IN HERB BUT, I KEEP TO BELIEVE BECAUSE MY UNCLE CAN'T TELL ME LIES WHEN IT COMES TO HEALTH CONDITION I CONTACTED DR OLIHA VIA HIS EMAIL; OLIHA.MIRACLEMEDICINE@GMAIL.COM , YOU CAN TALK TO HIM VIA CALL OR WHATSAPP MESSENGER ON +2349038382931 , HE REPLIED AND ASK ME TO SEND MY HOME ADDRESS AND MY MOTHER'S DETAIL AND THEN I PURCHASED THE HERBAL MEDICINE,SENT ME THE HERBAL MEDICINE THROUGH COURIER SERVICE, WHEN I RECEIVED THIS HERBAL MEDICINE USED IT FOR 2 WEEKS, AND 4 DAYS OF USAGE THE WARTS FELL OFF, MY MOTHER I NOW TOTALLY CURED AND MY MOTHER IS LIVING FREE AND HAPPY AGAIN. YOU CAN TALK TO DR VIA HIS MOBILE NUMBER OR WHATS APP HIM ON +2349038382931 or website i saw on the :https://olihamiraclemedicine.webs.com /    ALL THANKS TO DOCTOR DR OLIHA  

    ReplyDelete