Friday, May 6, 2011

Aaron Lewis--"Country Boy"

Before the song "Country Boy" was released, I had no idea who Aaron Lewis was.  Didn't know he'd been the lead singer of Staind, or anything else about him.

Hadn't heard "Country Boy" when KUPL announced that they'd be bringing him to the Ponderosa Lounge on May 26th.

Then, one early morning on my way to work, I heard this song sung by someone with a very deep, unique voice...Until I heard the words, "country boy", I didn't have a clue it was Aaron Lewis I was listening to.  I was blown away!  If I hadn't been told this guy was the lead singer of a rock band, I would NEVER have guessed it.  This guy is more country than some of the country artists I've heard lately.  "Country Boy" immediately became one of my favorite songs.

This morning, I made another discovery in regards to this song.  Not only is there the version of "Country Boy" that KUPL plays, there's another version featuring George Jones, Charlie Daniels and Chris Young.  Still love the version KUPL plays; though I have to admit, I also REALLY like the video with George Charlie and Chris.

Found the video on YouTube...See what you think of Aaron Lewis' "Country Boy", featuring his special guests.

No comments:

Post a Comment