Sunday, May 15, 2011

HEALTH RISK WARNING--UPDATE

Earlier in the week I wrote a blog about how smoked salmon and teeth can be hazardous to your health.  I would now like to update everyone on this matter.

As the earlier blog stated, I had choked on a piece of smoked salmon, discovering after the choking was done, that I had swallowed one of my teeth.  (It’s actually a crown.)

This was on Tuesday.  As the week progressed, I felt better and better.  My chest wasn’t hurting anymore, which I attributed to not coughing all the time.  However, still no sign of the tooth.

I’d had several people tell me I should get an x-ray, to see where the tooth was.  Why?  I was feeling better, I didn’t hurt, didn’t have any problems, except an occasional cough; no big deal.

I’m writing this current blog on Sunday morning.  I woke up, just as I always do; got up, got dressed, and out of nowhere had a bad coughing fit.  It was as bad as the one on Tuesday when I’d choked on the salmon.  I couldn’t stop coughing; I felt like I was choking just like before.  Then what happens?  Out pops my tooth!  Seriously, I coughed up my tooth!

Despite the coughing, my warped sense of humor still kicked in.  My first thought upon seeing the tooth was, “I’m sure glad I didn’t go looking for that earlier in the week!”

My second thought was important enough, (to me at least), that I actually posted it as my Facebook status:  If I’m wrong, and admit it, it voids those who were right from saying, “I told you so”.  (:
If anyone is wondering; Yes, I called the advice nurse; no, I don’t have to go in.  Since I coughed the tooth out, I should be fine. 

So there you have it; an update, and an admission of being wrong.  Hopefully this will be the last of any health risk warnings I’ll be blogging about.

No comments:

Post a Comment