Monday, May 23, 2011

COUNTRY DONE COME TO TOWN-(AND KICKED BUTT!!!)

In a previous blog I lamented how I’d been sucked into reality TV; “Celebrity Apprentice” to be exact.  I’d never watched the show before this season; yet found myself watching every episode, despite David Cassidy being voted off the first night. 
I’ve never been a big fan of John Rich, to be honest.  Kind of always thought he had a hot temper and big mouth, etc.  After watching a few episodes of “Celebrity Apprentice” though, I found myself having a new respect for the man.  When others were losing their cool, getting overwhelmed, etc.; John continually showed his strength, determination, and creativity in every task he did.
At the same time, John wouldn’t back down when he felt strongly about something.  For example, when Richard Hatch and Jose Canseco made fun of people who listen to country music; John was quick to let them know NOT to make fun of his audience.   
When the final four were announced, I was happy with all four that were left; Meatloaf, Lil’ Jon, Marlee Matlin and John Rich.  I would have been happy if any of these people had won the show. 
I think the two strongest players were definitely John and Marlee though.  I also think both did an AWESOME job with their representation of 7up Retro.
While both John and Marlee made mistakes, and had mishaps during their final task, (like John introducing Def Leppard 20 minutes early, and they weren’t there yet), it was amazing to me to see how they pulled things together so quickly.  Yes, they had help from former celebrity apprentices; John and Marlee were the project managers though, and that’s where the responsibility was, with them.
I also found myself being glad that *I* didn’t have to decide who the winner was, because I don’t think I could have done it.  To me, each person’s mistakes were balanced by their strengths in the final task.  I think I would have called it a tie, rather than have to pick a winner.
In the end though, John Rich prevailed.  I’m still not sure exactly what John did to put him over the top; whatever it was though, it worked. 
This gave John another $250, 000 dollars for his charity, St. Jude’s Children’s Hospital.  With donations John received during his final task, he brought his total winnings for the hospital to over $1 million dollars. 

No comments:

Post a Comment