Tuesday, July 5, 2011

For Caylee

Normally I try to stay on lighter subjects in this blog; fun, interesting things I think others may enjoy also.  However, for this blog, I'm making an exception.

I'm not a dumb person by any means.  I just don't have a clue though how anyone could find Casey Anthony not guilty in the death of her daughter, Caylee.

What was it the jury heard, that the rest of us didn't?  Or was it something they didn't hear, that the rest of the world did?  I have no idea; all I know is, I think the jury was wrong.  From everything I've been seeing on Facebook, Twitter, and other places, I know I'm not the only person who feels this way.  In fact, I'm beginning to think the only people who *don't* see Casey Anthony as guilty is the jury who acquitted her, her attorneys and herself.  Heck, even her parents thought she was guilty!

As I said, we probably will never know the whole story of what happened to Caylee.  Truthfully, my feelings are based on being a mom.  To me, any real mom would be worried sick if their child went missing.  Casey Anthony didn't even report Caylee missing for a month.  I'd be on the phone to the police as soon as I even suspected my child was missing! 

Then there are all the lies Casey told about Caylee's whereabouts.  What mom is not going call the police when their child is missing, and on top if it lie about where the child is?  Why did Casey Anthony have to lie at all?  I know she said it had to do with being abused and whatnot, but how can anyone believe that?  I mean, if the woman is going to lie about where her child is, and not seem concerned the child is missing, how can anyone believe her excuses for what she did?  I for one am skeptical, to say the least.

I could rant, rave and theorize this thing forever, and still not find an answer to what I feel is an injustice to the memory of an innocent child.  I won't though, because it won't change anything.  I did feel the need to express my sadness over the verdict though, so I have.

What you've read is the tip of the iceberg of how disappointed and angry I am about how this trial ended.  It's a blog that I've written from the heart and from the top of my head, unedited, except for spelling.  It was something I had to do, because I feel helpless for this poor little girl who never got the chance to live a full life, because someone decided to be selfish and rob little Caylee of that chance to grow up.

I'll end this blog now, before I start rambling again.  I'll try to limit my "downer" posts from now on.  Thank you to anyone reading this, for allowing me to express my feelings about this case.

No comments:

Post a Comment