Sunday, March 11, 2012

Jaida Dreyer @ the Bing Lounge--3-9-12

Even though I'd heard the name, "Jaida Dreyer" more than a few times over the past couple years, I honestly didn't know anything about the singer/songwriter. So when I heard Jaida was going to be in the Bing Lounge March 9, 2012, I knew I had to go.


Jaida was born in Ontario, Canada, but raised in the U.S.; having lived in several states by the time she was in her teens.

During her early years, Jaida had a passion for showing horses. She became a world champion at age five, and by thirteen she was a professional.

It was a hard life for a young girl and her mom, but it's the life Jaida knew, and loved, before turning her interests to music.

This brings us to March 9, 2012, and the Bing Lounge. From the moment Jaida took the stage, she had the small crowd that gathered captivated with her stories, songs and charm.

She began her set with her soon to be released single, "Guy's Girl". At one point during the song, I thought, "wow, she kind of sounded like Dolly Parton for a moment". Turns out, I wasn't the only one who caught it, and thought the same thing.



Throughout the rest of her set, Jaida in turn sounded not only like Dolly, but at times Martina McBride, Loretta Lynn, and other notable female artists. Yet, despite the resemblances, Jaida honestly does have her own style of singing; thus not locking her into a "sounds like" status. She's been blessed with a beautiful voice, and an amazing songwriting ability for someone so young.

I'm really glad I was able to see Jaida Dreyer perform in the Bing Lounge; and I know I'm not the only new fan she gained that day. I see a bright future for this young lady in the music world.

So be on the lookout for Jaida Dreyer everyone, she's the real deal!

No comments:

Post a Comment