Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Of Mid-Life And Menopause

(Today's word will be in ALL CAPS, BOLD, ITALIC, and STRIKETHROUGH.)


(Not being a meteorologist, or even a weather person, I'm left to my own conclusions about the current weather situations around the globe. That, and I have more fun making up my own stories!)


We all know the world has been around for eons. I'm thinking in universe age, our little planet might be in it's middle age years at the moment.

My reasoning is due to the odd weather most places have been experiencing lately. If Nature was male, it would be having a mid-life crisis. Next thing you know, our aging solar system would be served divorce papers, and good ol' Nature would be out looking for a younger galaxy to hang out with.

We all know however, Nature's full name is "MOTHER Nature", and therefore is a female.

In terms of the weather, this makes complete sense. After all, women going through menopause tend to have various symptoms, like hot flashes, cold sweats, mood swings, bloating and the like.

Now look at the weather throughout our world lately: Unusually warm, or cold; flooding; tornadoes; earthquakes, and the list goes on.

Does anyone else see the pattern I'm seeing? Sudden warmth is equal to hot flashes; and much colder weather can be the same as cold sweats. Flooding would be like bloating, and earthquakes and tornadoes definitely seem like Nature's version of mood swings.

As I've said, this is just my theory on the subject; my odd sense of seeing things differently than others. In no way however am I trying to make light of the devastation that's been happening lately. I definitely realize the enormity of what's happened to many over the last few days and weeks. Hopefully I haven't offended anyone. If I have, I do sincerely apologize.

No comments:

Post a Comment