Thursday, March 22, 2012

Switching Gears

(Today's word will be in ALL CAPS, BOLD, ITALIC, and STRIKETHROUGH.)


I originally started writing today's post about a subject I heard the KUPL morning team discussing a couple days ago; pack rats and collecting. However, in doing research, I came across something interesting, and have decided to wait on the more complex post until another day.

My "research" was looking for pictures to use in my post about collecting. I come from a family of collectors; and pack rats. As I was looking for pictures of nutcrackers, (one of my son's collections), I came across a photo of nutcrackers that both he and his late dad would appreciate: Captain Kirk and Mr. Spock.

Both love all the Star Trek shows, movies, etc.; so when I saw the photo, I knew I had to show my son. His reaction was exactly what I expected. Though he doesn't really collect nutcrackers anymore, (due to a lack of space), he said he'd definitely make room for these, if he could find them.

With his BIRTHDAY coming up, and me being the mom I am, I'm now in search of these nutcrackers, and any other Star Trek ones that may exist. Not sure I'll find them, or if I can afford them if I do; but it'll be fun to try.

If anyone reading this post knows about these nutcrackers, please leave a comment here. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment