Thursday, December 6, 2012

Another Year of Rudolph

(Today's word will be in red and bold.)



This past Tuesday, for the umpteenth year in a row, I watched my favorite Christmas show, "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer".

And once again, I realized, as much as I love this program, I am getting older.  I notice all kinds of things that I didn't notice as a child.  What a great thing to write a post about!  One problem; I did just that LAST year.  In fact, it was a year to the day today that I wrote it!  So, no post of that this year; though if you're interested in last year's post, I've provided the link here:

http://kuplramblings.blogspot.com/2011/12/rudolph-red-nosed-reindeer.html

(Yes, that IS a shameless plug!)

Since I'm on the subject of Rudolph though, I'll take a moment to mention something I'd never seen until this year:  A commercial that does a take-off of "Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer".

It seems there's a commercial for insurance that features Rudolph, his family and friends all using the same stop-action animation as the show.  *I* thought the commercial was new this year, though upon further investigation, I've learned it's actually at least four years old.  Don't know how I missed it before now.

Rather than "review" it, or write more about it though, I'll post the video here for anyone who wants to watch it.  Never thought I'd see Rudolph replaced by a duck!

No comments:

Post a Comment