Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Dogs & Reindeer Banned From Christmas

(Today's word will be in ALL CAPS, BOLD, ITALIC, and STRIKETHROUGH.)


As stated in an earlier post, I'm not one who really listens to traditional Christmas music. My collection has several genres to chose from for holiday listening.

Not that I don't like the traditional tunes; I'm just a bit more off-beat than that is all.

Then there are the songs I don't ever want to hear again. Every year, I make it my mission to NOT hear them any time between Thanksgiving and Christmas.

One song I've been successful in not hearing for a few years now is "Jingle Bells", by the Barking Dogs.
It's not that this is a bad song; I actually used to like it at one time. However, after hearing it over, and over, and over, one year, I hit a breaking point; done with the dogs.

It's also why there's a picture on this post, rather than a video, or sound byte. Anything other than a picture, I might actually have to hear the song; not taking the chance!

The other song I wish I'd never hear again is "Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer". It was cute the first couple times I heard it eons ago; since then, not so much.

So if I dislike it so much, why did I post the video here? Might as well; this is a song I've yet to avoid over the years. At last count this year, I've heard it six times, (not counting having to look for the video for the post). I think I hit a new record this year for how soon I heard it too. Didn't even get halfway through the day after Thanksgiving and it took me by surprise; argh!

These two songs are the ones at the top of my list of "banned" Christmas music. There are others, I just don't hear them on the radio, so they're easier to avoid.

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who feels this way, am I?

No comments:

Post a Comment