Thursday, December 15, 2011

Ha! To Infinity!

(Today's word will be in ALL CAPS, BOLD, ITALIC, and STRIKETHROUGH.)

I'm not a competitive person by nature. The more I'm put in that position, the more I tend not to be that way. However, when it comes to friendly competition, I'm right in there with everyone else.

For example, I've found a new game I like to play online, "Match 10". After watching me play for a bit, the lead of my department at work, Greg, decided he wanted to play also. Not only did he play, he made it to the ultimate level of "Guru" on the game; then took a screen shot of his score and emailed it to me. The subject line was "Ha!"

I asked how he did it, and he told me his secret; which I then tried, beat his score, and emailed him a screen shot of it titled, "Ha, Ha!"

Of course, that meant it was on! Greg proceeded to beat my high score again, sending the screen shot to me, along with "Ha, Ha, Ha!"

My turn again; beat Greg's high score. Another screen shot sent, this time under the heading, "Ha Quadruple!"

Lest anyone think we don't actually work on the job, we do; all of this was going on during our breaks and lunches. The last high score was mine for Greg to beat; except now, instead of 25+ BILLION, (the score I made during lunch Wednesday), he'll have to beat the score I made Wednesday night at home:

As I'm writing this post, Greg hasn't seen the new score yet, hee, hee! I'm sure he's going to try to beat it; I know I would. Like I said though, I'm not competitive, and neither is Greg; we just like egging each other on, and challenging each other. I'm very lucky to work in an environment like this, with fun people; it makes work much easier for sure!

Oh, and giving credit where credit is due, Greg is still better at "Match 10" than me, despite my higher score. The reason? Because if he hadn't told me how he got such high scores, I wouldn't have thought to try doing it his way; meaning I still wouldn't be getting high scores. Greg figured it out and was nice enough to share the information. Thanks Greg!

No comments:

Post a Comment