Saturday, December 24, 2011

Merry Christmas Eve

Nowadays it seems like Christmas Eve is almost a bigger deal than Christmas. For little ones especially, since Christmas Eve is when Santa comes to visit.

To me, Christmas Eve is the fun leading up to Christmas, with Christmas still being fun, just more laid back than the hoopla of the night before.

With that said, I had planned on posting this Christmas day; but decided it fits in more with the frivolity of Christmas Eve. Once again, my brain has mashed together various things in my head, and come up with something somewhat odd.

It started with the caricatures I did awhile back of the KUPL air staff; I was wondering how I could do something for the holidays with them.

Then, at the Colt Ford concert, I saw the KUPL blinkie stars. I have at least three of them, though for the first time I looked at them and thought, "that would make a great tree topper".

That idea lead to a Christmas tree I created from scratch with Paint Shop Pro about four years ago; with ornaments using photos.

That dot connected to the dot, of "I have a blog and want to write about Christmas"; so to work I went!

In between all this, I had come up with a way to do a holiday theme for the caricatures; though I did say Rudolph was unavailable because he had a stuffy nose, and Vixen didn't want to participate, because she thought Lola would "out bling" her. This was in explanation of why there are only seven reindeer in the picture.

Originally there were also two elves, KUPL Producer Sputnik, and KUPL webmaster, Kelsie. Since I was only using on air staff for my latest idea, Kelsie wasn't added to that creation, though I did make an ornament for her. This is her Christmas elf costume, and photo ornament.

When everything was the way I wanted it to be, I placed the tree in the middle of the picture; put some presents in front of it; added the photo ornaments to it, then placed the KUPL air staff on either side of the tree. (On a side note, the bells aren't really on the reindeer's scarves; they're supposed to be under them a bit. They're what I call their "jingle belly buttons". Just another odd twist my brain presented me with!) This is the result:

Before I had this done, KUPL played a version of "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas", that they made. When I heard it, I thought it was great and would go great with the picture I was creating, (even though not everyone in the song or pic is represented in both), so here's the KUPL Christmas Carol also:

http://www.kupl.com/2011/12/20/have-yourself-a-merry-little-christmas/

Merry Christmas Eve to everyone, and don't forget to leave Santa some cookies!

No comments:

Post a Comment