Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Drum Roll Please...

(Today's word will be in ALL CAPS, BOLD, ITALIC, and STRIKETHROUGH.)




And the winner of the MusiCares® Blogger Contest is: Rashon Massey.

Rashon, otherwise known as "Finalist #6", will be the lucky person on the red carpet and blogging about "Grammy Honors Person of the Year, Paul McCartney", in February, 2012. Congratulations Rashon!

Am I sad that I didn't win? Not at all; I'm not even disappointed. Why? Because there's so many positive things that came from just entering the blogger contest. I've learned so many things, including self-confidence, about myself and what I do.

I've also learned how many wonderful family members and friends I have, who so generously voted for me, and helped get others to vote as well.
Would it have been fun to be the person on the red carpet, and in the same room as Sir Paul McCartney? Of course it would! However, the fact that I was chosen as one of only six people in the entire U.S. to be a finalist makes me feel like a winner anyway. I mean, think how many people there are in the U.S., and how many have blogs; to be one of six is a huge thing, in my opinion.

So, for everyone who's been anxiously awaiting the results of the blogger contest, now you know. As far as where I ranked in the end, I don't have an answer for that. Only the winner of the contest was announced; no other rankings were given.

I want to say THANKS to everyone for their votes, all their support, and for putting up with me the last two months; words can't express how grateful I am to each and every one of you. You helped make this experience even better by being there for me, I really, really appreciate that. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

2 comments:

  1. Love your blog and was disappointed that you didn't win!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! That means a lot to me! :)

    ReplyDelete