Wednesday, December 28, 2011

It's Been Rumored

Well, Christmas 2011 is past, and we're on our way to a new year in less than a week.

It's the time of year where we reflect on the past year. The highlights, the low lights, the celebrity deaths, and more, of the past twelve months are brought to our attention one more time; before the current year itself becomes a memory.

Since the media does a fairly decent job of this every year, I'll leave it to them this year as well.

Instead, I'll focus on a rumor or two that popped up during the holidays this year.

The most notable rumor, of course would be the death of Jon Bon Jovi. Mid December the internet came alive with the death of the legendary rocker. The story was that Bon Jovi, age 49, had died of a heart attack.

As it turned out, the demise of the singer was false, as proven by Bon Jovi himself.
This picture was posted on Facebook, and other sites, as proof Jon was living on more than just a prayer.

Something else that came to my attention may, or may not, be a rumor; the death of the Chia Pet.
I don't watch a lot of TV, though every year I manage to see at least one Chia Pet commerical. To me, that's the 'official' start of the holiday season, the incessant plugging of the Chia Pet.

This year though, I didn't see even one commercial for this item. This leads me to believe that perhaps the Chia Pet has finally died a quiet death, never to be heard from again.

I turned to the internet to see what I could find there on the subject. According to what I saw there, Chia Pets are still alive, with the latest addition being a Barack Obama Chia Pet.
I have no absolute facts on this, though one thing I saw said someone found this at a K-Mart.

That got me to thinking again, I didn't go to stores a lot this season either. I did go enough times though that I 'should' have seen at least one Chia Pet display somewhere; I didn't.

Usually the Chia Pets are displayed where everyone can find them easily; you can't miss them. I never saw them this year, in any store I was in.

So, as we end the 2011 year, I'm still at odds with this. Somewhere there must be proof whether Chia Pets are still alive and well, or have gone on to that great herbal garden in the sky.

Either way, one thing I do know for sure; I've never wanted a Chia Pet, dead or alive!

No comments:

Post a Comment