Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Guess Who?--Part 2

(Today's word will be in ALL CAPS, BOLD, ITALIC, and STRIKETHROUGH.)




One of my earliest posts was about how some newer country artists sound similar to other, established country singers: http://kuplramblings.blogspot.com/2011/06/guess-who.html

Since that post, I've realized that I left out an obvious pairing of similarities, (to me at least), a new artist to add to the list, and a country singer I didn't think sounded like someone, until it was brought to my attention.

The artist I left off the previous list is Justin Moore. From the first time I heard Moore's music, I've thought he sounds like Blake Shelton.

Recently I was able to hear Moore and Shelton duet, live in concert, and to me, they're totally similar in sound. I'm sure there are those who will disagree; as I said, it's just what I hear when I hear both voices.

The first time I heard Hunter Hayes' "Storm Warning", I thought it was a new Rascal Flatts tune. Took me a few times of hearing it, to remember it's not Gary LeVox.

Though I haven't heard any other cuts from Hunter Hayes' debut CD, others have told me not all the songs sound like the Flatts boys.

I've always thought Eric Church had his own style of singing; until his latest single, "Springsteen". Even then, until I heard Earthquake Jake mention it on "Simon in the Morning", I didn't notice how much Church sounds like Willie Nelson on this song.

Even then I wondered if maybe I heard it because it was suggested that Church sounds like Willie. Then one day I heard the song on the radio, and had a moment where I couldn't remember the song. Eric really did sound like Willie Nelson!

If/when I come across any other country artists who sound alike, I'll add them to this growing list. I hope you find these match-ups as FUN and interesting as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment