Sunday, April 15, 2012

REVIEW--Lionel Richie--"Tuskegee"


Knowing that reviews are usually skewed, owing to the opinions of the person doing the reviewing, I'll put this out first thing:  I'd forgotten how much I love Lionel Richie's music!

With that said, it's kind of a given that those who've liked Richie's music in the past, will like "Tuskegee".  After all, Richie's latest contribution is made up of thirteen of his biggest hits from the past.

Not that "Tuskegee" is a "Greatest Hits", or "tribute" CD; it's more a combination of the two.

On the greatest hits side, you have Lionel Richie singing, what else, his greatest hits.

While most tribute albums have other artists performing someone else's hits, the "tribute" part of this CD actually pairs country artists with Richie, putting a new spin on his classic hits.

Sometimes these things can be disasterous; "Tuskegee" though is a definite winner!  As an example, I'm not a big Rascal Flatts fan; however, one of my favorite tracks is the duet of "Dancing on the Ceiling", they do with Lionel.

Even one of the less stellar duets, "Hello", (done with Sugarland's Jennifer Nettles), is still good; it just doesn't shine as brightly as other tracks.  Funny thing is, "Hello" is over all one of my favorite Lionel Richie tunes.

Again, if you aren't a Lionel Richie fan, you may not like his latest offering.  Those who are though should be very happy with "Tuskegee".

1 comment:

  1. Two amazingly wonderful worlds combined! I love this CD.....I have loved Lionel FOREVER......I have been a country music fan FOREVER..

    ReplyDelete