Thursday, April 19, 2012

Space Invaders

(Today's word will be in red, and bold.)

We've all had times that our personal space has been invaded.

I had one of these moments the other day, and it wasn't pleasant.  The following is how I felt about this situation.

There I was, minding my own business, taking care of what needed to be done; and suddenly, there you were, in my face.  I asked you to leave, you didn't listen; you just kept hanging around.  I tried to ignore you, with no success; you just sat there, watching me.

This went on for a few minutes, then you upped the ante; you started pacing back and forth.  Again, I asked you to stop, you wouldn't; you kept pacing back and forth, back and forth, only stopping to stare at me again.

Mind you, if I *could* have left, I would have. Alas, I couldn't; what I was doing needed to be done where I was.  I'm fairly certain you would have tried to follow me anyway.

Finally, after another few minutes you disappeared.  Oddly enough, this was more disconcerting than you actually being where I could see you.  When I could see you, I at least knew where you were and could keep an eye on you.  After you disappeared, I kept wondering where you went, and if you were coming back to harass me.  Again, if I could have left then, I would have.  Since I couldn't, I was left to continue what I was doing, while keeping one eye open for your possible return.

Right before my task was complete, I saw you again, peeking out from where you'd evidently been lurking since you disappeared.  Further away, yet still close enough to invade my personal space and make me feel uncomfortable.  Believe me, if I'd had a way to be done with you before then, I would have.  Then I wouldn't have to see you hiding in the shadows.

After what seemed like an eternity, I was finally at my journey's end; and you were still there.

I stopped everything, went for help and guess what?  You ran away, to where you couldn't be found.  Curse you, you stupid, despicable spider!!!

P.S.  You and all your spider buddies stay out of my car from now on; got it?!





No comments:

Post a Comment