Thursday, April 26, 2012

KUPL Overnights

(Today's word will be in red, and bold.)

One of my favorite things about KUPL's overnight show, (midnight to 5am, Monday through Friday), is hearing new music. Whether it's an established artist's latest single, or the first single from a brand new artist, it's always fun to hear something new.

Over the past few months there have been some songs that I've really liked.  Some have gone on to do well, while others have, sadly, fallen short, not to be heard of again.

For example, Trace Adkins had the single, "Million Dollar View" out to radio.  I heard it a few times on KUPL overnights; for some reason though the song just didn't take off.

For at least a couple months I've been hearing "Underdog" by the Lost Trailers.  This song is finally getting some recognition outside overnights; however it's been slow going.  I'm glad it's still around though.

One of the latest new tunes from an established artist is "Don't Miss Your Life", by Phil Vassar.  This is probably my #1 favorite song on the radio right now.  I'm really hoping it picks up momentum and goes beyond just being played overnights.  Love this song!

Whenever I hear a new song on the radio, I try to guess who the artist is.  Sometimes I already know, because I've heard about the song and/or artist somewhere before hearing it on the radio.  Other times, the artist's voice is so distinctive, I recognize it immediately.  That was the case with Alison Krauss' latest single, "My Love Follows You Wherever You Go". 

Then there's Aaron Lewis from Stain'd and his latest single, "Endless Summer".  I first heard Aaron's voice on "Country Boy", and thought how "country" he sounded; didn't know at the time that he was with Stain'd; just knew I liked the song.

Now KUPL is playing "Endless Summer" on overnights, and I had no idea who it was.  Aaron sounded totally different than on "Country Boy"; still love this song just as much though.

There are other songs that have come and gone recently that I could list here, though this post would end up way too long; so I'll end this for now; and possibly add an update at a later time.

No comments:

Post a Comment