Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Gwen Sebastian @ the Bing Lounge-4-23-12

 
To be totally honest, I don't watch any of the shows like "American Idol" or, "The Voice".  Not because I don't like them; simply because I'd get too caught up in them, especially being on more than once a week. I do keep up on music and the like however, so I have heard of Gwen Sebastian and that she'd been on this season of "The Voice".

Since being eliminated, Gwen has been doing the "radio tour", taking her music to radio stations all over the country.  The evening of April 23, 2012, Gwen's stop was the Bing Lounge in Portland, Oregon, for KUPL listeners. 

While listening to Gwen perform, I kept thinking how her voice reminds me of Kellie Pickler, yet is different and distinct enough to also have her own unique style.

At the same time, watching Gwen, I was reminded of Jennifer Nettles, from Sugarland.  Gwen's passion for her music shines through in every movement and gesture she makes.  You can tell music is part of her soul, and flows through her veins. From ballads, to upbeat tunes, Gwen can do it all, and gives it her all when she does.  I especially like her new single, "Met Him In A Motel Room".

If having a beautiful voice, and great personality weren't enough, Gwen is also a genuinely nice person.  She took time to sign autographs, take pictures AND thank each person for coming to the Bing Lounge to see her.

Gwen Sebastian may have been eliminated from "The Voice", however, I truly believe she has a bright future ahead of her in country music.  If you ever get the chance to see Gwen perform live, do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment