Thursday, April 12, 2012

Tracy Lawrence--"Pills"

(Today's word will be in red, and bold.)


Until now, it's been a few years since country artist, Tracy Lawrence, has had a new song on the radio.

That changed in the early part of this year, when Lawrence released "Pills"; a tongue in cheek song about all the pills people take for any myriad of reasons, from losing weight, to gaining it, and every other possible reason in between.

I'd only heard the song a couple times on KUPL's overnight show, but it struck a chord with me instantly. This song says exactly how I feel about all different kinds of medications being peddled to the public these days. There's constantly ads in every form of media touting this drug or that one, etc., etc., etc. For quite awhile I've thought, "enough already!"

I decided then that I would write a post here about Lawrence's "Pills", and let readers decide what they think of the tune. I ran into a little problem though.

The song is too new to have an "official" video yet, so no luck there. I did learn that even though "Pills" has just been released as a single, it seems to have been around since approximately 2009; as I found some live videos that people had recorded at concerts. None of these suited what I was wanting though; I wanted to let readers hear the exact version of the song I'd heard on the radio.

Since I couldn't find what I wanted, but still wanted to post a blog about the song, I emailed Earthquake Jake, explained my situation, and asked if he had any suggestions for what I could do. That was about 7am in the morning.

About 2:30pm that same day, (April 11, 2012), I received and email from Sputnik, (producer on "Simon in the Morning"), with a link to this video:


Is that not awesome?! Totally blew me away that Jake and Sputnik did this so I could write a post about Tracy Lawrence's song! And they did it on top of their normal daily workload!

Because of them, I was able to tell others about this song, and share it as well. So, take a listen, and see what you think. And when you're done, maybe send Jake and Sputnik an email, or give them a call at the station and let them know how cool they are. I know I owe both of them a huge thank you for taking the time and effort I know they had to have put into this video; so thanks guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment