Thursday, September 15, 2011

As The Sheep Baa's...

(Today's word will be in ALL CAPS, BOLD, ITALIC, and STRIKETHROUGH.)

The last time I blogged about a co-worker, it was when his bear, Germaine, ran away. A lot has transpired since then; too much to post here. Suffice it to say though, that Germaine now has a Kung Fu gorilla body guard named Clyde, (complete with sounds), and is friends with a little sheep that goes, "baaaa". This blog is about the sheep.
The sheep's name is Ewegina, and she became friends with Germaine when he got into mutton busting this summer. Usually Ewegina lives at my desk, though she did visit Germaine and Clyde where they live also.

Over the summer, another co-worker, CHAD, kept teasing about Ewegina and making "sheep sounds", making everyone laugh, except Ewegina. She of course is fluent in "sheep", and understood what Chad was saying.

Though Ewegina didn't laugh at Chad's joking, she did understand that Chad wanted her to spend time at his desk. She realized, that even though Chad isn't really a sheep, he liked her anyway. September 14, 2011, Ewegina could stand it no longer. She typed up a quick letter, (so nothing could be lost in translation), and asked me to deliver it, and her, to Chad's desk; so I did. Below is the letter that greeted Chad, along with Ewegina, when he returned to his desk that day:

Dear Monsieur Faux Sheepie:

For days now I have heard your plaintive cry of love. You have been calling Monsieur Dougie’s name, yet I know it is moi, you really want; I can hear it in your voice and I can read between the lines. You call for Dougie, yet it is not for him to respond to your cries; it is for him to take me to your desk. Alas Monsieur Faux Sheepie, he has not listened.

I love my actual home at Madame Falan’s desk, though I long to visit other desks in the area as well. When I hear your love cries, I know it is your desk I must go to; therefore I have asked Madame Falan to deliver me to you. I would make the journey myself, though it would take too long for me to get from my home to where you are; and I know time is of essence, as I said, I’ve heard the longing in your voice.

Though do understand, Monsieur Faux Sheepie, this cannot be a permanent relationship. We must enjoy our time together as much as possible, before fate tears us apart. It will hurt, I know, especially residing in the same room afterwards. We are both strong though Monsieur Faux Sheepie, this is what we must do, and do well.

So here I am for now, ready to help those plaintive cries of yours subside. I will do my best Monsieur Faux Sheepie, I guarantee it!

Baa, baa, baa,

Your Little Lost Lambiekins

As with Doug in the other blog, thanks Chad for being such a good sport and co-worker!

1 comment:

  1. Nola, thank you so much for sharing the story of Ewegina and Chad's relationship and a bit of insight to your jokes at work. What a detailed letter to come from a little sheep!

    Allison (Chad's wife)

    ReplyDelete