Saturday, September 3, 2011

The Band Perry @ The Bing Lounge-September-1-11

I've liked the Band Perry since their first radio hit, "Hip to My Heart"; though I'd never seen them perform live. That was until September 1st, when the band performed in the Bing Lounge.

I know I say this every time, but honestly, I love the Bing Lounge to watch performances in; it's so intimate and inviting, and the Band Perry show was no exception.

After being introduced by Earthquake Jake and Jolynn Winter from "Simon in the Morning", the Band Perry started their set with their hit single, "You Lie".

Lola Montgomery from middays then came out and interviewed the band, asking several questions, and getting some funny answers to some of them.

After the interview and a few more songs, TicTak from afternoons posed a dare to the band, asking them if they could sing Queen's "Fat Bottomed Girls". Not only did Kimberly, Neil and Reid take the challenge, they OWNED the song, and did an awesome job on it.

When the concert was done, anyone wanting their photo taken with the band was able to. Though they were in a bit of a rush, all three members of the Band Perry took time before each photo to ask the person's name, and shake their hand. Pretty classy in my book. I'm sure I'll sound like a mom when I say this, though I will anyway, you can tell that these three were raised well by their parents. They're gaining a name in country music, yet they still haven't let go of their manners; I like that.

I wasn't able to go to the Oregon State Fair the next evening to see the Band Perry, though if the concert was anything like at the Bing Lounge, I'm sure the audience got their money's worth. I definitely plan on catching another of their perormances sometime in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment