Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Kellie Pickler @ the Bing Lounge-September 26, 2011

Of all the contestants who've gone on to have musical careers after their time on American Idol, Kellie Pickler is my favorite.

It's not just her singing I like, I think she's a cool, down to earth person who doesn't put on airs; what you see with her is what you get.

At the Bing Lounge September 26th, my thoughts were confirmed. Not only does Kellie have a beautiful voice, she's very personable and will say whatever's on her mind.

Kellie started her set with one of my favorite songs of hers, "Rocks Instead of Rice". She said it was written about an ex-boyfriend of hers.


During the interview segment, Scott Simon and Jolynn Winter, from "Simon in the Morning", asked Kellie several questions and she answered all of them honestly and in detail. The audience was then asked if they had any questions for Kellie. At first not too many people asked anything; so Kellie sang some more and would then ask if the crowd had any questions.

As it turned out, several people asked questions between songs, and Kellie answered every one of them. Because of this, the show ran longer than they usually do at the Bing Lounge, though no one was complaining about that!

At one point, the usual "artist challenge" was put out. For Kellie, it was for her to sing her favorite Loretta Lynn song. Kellie accepted the challenge, doing an awesome job on Lynn's "You Ain't Woman Enough (To Take My Man)".


Though I was disappointed that Kellie didn't sing "Best Day of Your Life", or "Didn't I", she did do "Red High Heels" and "I Wonder"; both of which I like also.

Kellie ended her performance that evening with her current single, "Tough", from her upcoming album.


After the show attendees were given the opportunity to get Kellie's autograph and have their photo taken with her.

If I hadn't already liked Kellie Pickler before September 26th, I know I would have come away from the show a new fan. As it is, I've gained even more respect and admiration for her since then.

No comments:

Post a Comment