Wednesday, September 7, 2011

I Don't Get It

Honestly, I really don’t know how CMA, (or any award for that matter), nominations are done. I know they’re voted on, etc; beyond that though, I don’t know anything about it. Because of that, maybe I really shouldn’t say anything; though that’s never stopped me before.

With that said: I don’t get how Luke Bryan, Eric Church, and even Chris Young can STILL be nominated for “New Artist”. How many times has this been for Luke now? I like Luke, and Chris, (not so big on Eric), but really? If it’s just because they need to “round out” the list, I’d think there are plenty of new artists that could have been nominated.

What about Craig Campbell? He’s had two big songs out this year.

How about James Wesley? He's had "Jacksonhole", "Real" and "Didn't I".

Heck, even the LoCash Cowboys had a couple of good songs on the air.

I’d also throw the Eli Young Band into the mix; though I think “Crazy Girl” came out after the time frame for nominations.

Maybe their hits haven’t been as big, but they’re still newer artists than Luke, Eric, or Chris. To me, any of these acts, (or others I haven’t thought of at the moment), are deserving of nominations; whereas Luke Bryan, Eric Church and Chris Young are a few YEARS past the “new artist” stage. Again, this is just my opinion.

I totally agree with The Band Perry, and Thompson Square being nominated for "New Artist"; and I think the Band Perry has the win.
Since it seems obvious the Band Perry will win, would it really matter who else is nominated? Or do you think it’s because the Band Perry seems so obvious that they threw in the other three as a distraction?

As I said at the beginning of this blog, I just don’t get it. So I wanted to throw this out to see what others think.

No comments:

Post a Comment