Thursday, September 8, 2011

Summer!!!

(Today's word will be in ALL CAPS, BOLD, ITALIC, and STRIKETHROUGH.)

Most of the U.S. has had an overly warm summer of 2011. Here in the Pacific Northwest however, we've had the opposite, until now.

Before this week, we've had a day or two here and there that got a bit warm; but then the weather would cool down again.

This week though, the week all the kids are back in school, this week we're hitting in the 90's for more than one day. Personally I'm very happy about that!
I know getting past the 80 degree mark is too warm for most people. I'm not going to complain though, because I've been waiting all summer for summer to finally get here! I was feeling a bit sad that we hadn't really had a decent summer, so these warmer temperatures are welcome to come and stay awhile. Then maybe I'll feel like we actually had a summer.

On the opposite side of the coin, if winter decides it wants to take it's time getting here, like summer did, I have no problem with that! I don't like being cold and the only time I want to see snow is if I don't have to be somewhere other than home.

Then again, winter really should get here on time and leave on time. Not like a couple years ago when we got two inches of snow on April 20th! Nothing like snow covered daffodils!
For now though, back to the current WEATHER. Thank you summer for finally showing up. Please feel free to stay as long as you'd like. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment