Thursday, September 1, 2011

Reality Strikes Again!

(Today's word will be in ALL CAPS, BOLD, ITALIC, and STRIKETHROUGH.)

When I first started this blog, I wrote a piece on being sucked in to watching Celebrity Apprentice.

I don't usually watch a lot of TV, and even less so reality TV. I realized however that there IS one reality show I've watched every year except two: Big Brother.
I didn't watch the third season because I didn't like who'd won the second season; I was "protesting", I guess. I got sucked back in for the fourth season, and watched faithfully every year since. Even though I could guess everything that was going to happen every season, (same situations, different faces), I still watched; until this year.

This year, I actually forgot to watch the first episode, so I decided it was a good time to wean myself from Big Brother, and I have. Even though a few people I know tried to talk me in to watching it again, I held fast and didn't. Surprisingly, I don't miss it either.

Pretty proud of myself for that, until now. I have a feeling I'm going to be sucked in to more reality TV this year, and not just one show, two of them!

The only time I've watched Dancing with the Stars is when Clyde Drexler was on. Ended up watching the entire season because of Billy Ray Cyrus also. After that season though, I haven't watched the show since. This season's line-up really isn't the most top-notch compared to other seasons either; though one name stood out to me: Carson Kressley.
I have to admit, I loved Queer Eye for the Straight Guy when it was on, and Carson was my favorite on the show. I really want to see him on Dancing with the Stars.

The other show I'm getting sucked into, I think, Is Biggest Loser. I've never watched the show, however, Big Vinny from Trailer Choir is going to be on this season. Love Trailer Choir, and love Big Vinny; I really have to watch that show!

So there you have it, another REALITY show confession. I wean myself from one, only to be sucked in by two in it's place!

No comments:

Post a Comment